As well as hosting education visits, the Bridge Cottage team can also bring our expertise and objects to you.
Nicola and Maria, our education officers, can come to your school or group for an outreach session with one of our loan boxes. We can deliver school assemblies or interactive class sessions.
Interactive loan box sessions can also be booked for reminiscence sessions suitable for care homes and dementia support groups.
Prices for outreach sessions start from £25.
We can also come to your group meetings to give talks about a range of subjects relating to Bridge Cottage, Uckfield and the surrounding areas, and history in general. Talks can be given by Nicola, Maria, or Mick Harker, the Chairman of the Bridge Cottage committee. See below for a list of our most popular talks. If there is something else that you are interested in please get in touch and we will do our best to accommodate your request. If you are interested in booking a speaker then please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mick, Nicola and Maria can all give talks about the history of Bridge Cottage itself.
- Diana Rowden – WW2 SOE Agent
- Asipidistra – Top Secret WW2 Radio Transmitter on the Ashdown Forest
- Secret Tunnels of South Heighton – HMS Forward (Top Secret World War 2 Naval Base)
- Dorothy Levitt – The Fastest Woman on Earth (Early 20th Century Racing Car Driver)
- The Town that Didn’t Stare – WW2 Plastic Surgeon Sir Archibald McIndoe
- A 17th Century Christmas
- Food and drink in the 16th and 17th centuries
- A Journey Through the Bridge Cottage Archive