Can you help find the Barford descendants?
Tony Gerrard & Susan Meadows moved into their house ‘Foscote’ on Maresfield Park in 1978. They bought the house from an elderly Mrs Barford. Unbeknown to them an old metal suitcase sat in a hidden corner of their loft. Within the suitcase was a collection of family momentos: photographs, letters, books and manuals dating back for two generations of the Barford men. Tony & Susan discovered this many years later and kept it safe in the hope they could one day reunite the contents with a descendant of the Barford family.
Almost 40 years later and without success in finding a descendant Tony approached us here at the Uckfield & District Preservation Society to assist in the search.
Here’s what we know so far….
Mr TV Barford (father)
- Attended Uckfield Grammar School – we have his note book dated 1907.
- L/Cpl TV Barford 2494 – London Scottish regiment – WW1
- Lived at 142 High Street, Uckfield, East Sussex in the 1940’s.
- He was in the Uckfield Home Guard during WW2
Mr William (Bill) S. Barford (son)
- Lived in Exeter
- Based in Japan for the Overseas Air Force during 1947