Heritage Lottery Update

Unfortunately the Heritage Lottery Fund again decided at their March meeting that they could not support our application. For a second time we received many positive comments, but the meeting was even more competitive because it was the final one under the current grant scheme. The rejection is very disappointing as we had addressed their major concerns from our previous application.

However, we will be re-applying as soon as we can and are working hard to ensure that our application is as positive as possible and fits with their priorities for funding. We have the new documentation and with the positive feedback the Heritage Lottery Fund officer provided during a recent visit they made to Bridge Cottage, we remain optimistic that it will be third time lucky.

The new timescale for submission is May, so watch this space for updates. If you wish to join us with this work then do please contact us.