Here are the answers to the first quiz!
1) The previous owners of Nutley Windmill were Lord and Lady Castle Stewart
2) The Windmill stood facing this direction for 60 years until restoration freed it in 1972 south-west
3) During the filming of Chocky’s Children at the Windmill in 1984, one of the stocks broke. What was the name of the television company that were filming and whose generosity enabled a new stock to be replaced within a week? Thames Television
4) A hearth from a pre-1436 building was discovered during the recent excavations.
5) What is the surname of a family who previously lived in Bridge Cottage and also the name of a tiny bird? Wren
6) The date of construction for Bridge Cottage was determined through a process called dendrochronology.
7) When Bridge Cottage was built the walls between the oak posts were filled with rectangular panels of wattle and daub.
8) By the middle of the sixteenth century, a first floor was inserted into the central section of the cottage.
9) The first known occupier of the cottage was recorded c1570 as Thomas Maunser.
10) What was the surname of the very last resident of Bridge Cottage? Johnstone
11) Nutley Windmill visitors centre is called The Granary.
12) What is the small first floor room in the Cottage called? Hazel